Oh, The Places I'll Go! Or My Fourth Blogiversary

(Copyright (c) 2014 Cynthia Shenette) Where has the time gone?  I can't believe I've been blogging for four years.  And yes, I'm still here, in case you were wondering...

While I may not post quite as often as I use to I don't intend to quit blogging anytime soon.  I struggle to find time to write, but the rewards of blogging are too great to stop though I think my days of writing a hundred posts in a year are behind me.  Between work, family, and volunteer commitments I'm at a point in my life where there aren't enough hours in the day.  Finding ideas on what to write about has never been a problem for me.  Finding the time to commit those ideas to paper (or on my blog) is.  My goal for this year--to write one solid blog post a month. That shouldn't be too hard. Should it?

In looking over the last four years' worth of posts, I'll be the first to admit not every one is a gem, but a few do stand out, and my readers seemed to enjoy them as well. If you are reading my blog for the first time here is a baker's dozen of my favorite posts, in no particular order:  

Meditation: The Strength of Ordinary Women
Flu 1918 (Part 1 of 3)
Presenter Interview: Colleen Fitzpatrick, Forensic Genealogist
Flash Back! The Life and Times of Francois Chenet (Greatly Abridged)
Analyzing A Photo: The Holiday Party
More Than Meets the Eye - Tuesday's Tip
A Window in Time, April 11, 1940
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...
A Comedy of Errors: My Family In the Census (Part 1 of 3)
Reflecting on My American Experience This Thanksgiving
Madness Monday: The Stuff We Throw Away, and...
Advent Calendar, Food: What the Dickens or How to Blow Up a Duck
Chopin Rising

The last four years have been a journey.  I've made great friends and amazing discoveries.  It might sound silly to say, but blogging has taken me places I've never expected to go. I know my blog has a pretty narrow focus and may not be everyone's cup of tea, but that's okay with me.  

If you've read any of my posts, taken the time to comment, or contacted me by e-mail about one of my posts, thank you.  It means more to me than I can possibly say.  As for my short term goal of one post a month, will I succeed?  (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)! 

So with apologies to Dr. Seuss...

To write about the family
I love and I need.
To have someone actually
Take the time to read
What I write is a gift.  
Today is my day!
Thanks for sticking with me.
So...I am on my way!


Other Posts You Might Like:

A February Bride - Wordless Wednesday
Fascinating Ladies
Send Up A Flare, Mystery Bride Identified! - Mystery Monday
Reading the Classifieds - Amanuensis Monday

5 comments:

Bill West said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Elizabeth Handler said...

Happy Blogiversary! I understand how it can get harder to blog regularly. My current goal is at least 2-3 posts a month on my Jewish Genealogy blog and 4-5 posts a month on From Maine To Kentucky.

Blog when you can!

Jacqi Stevens said...

Congratulations on your four year anniversary, Cynthia--and best wishes on your goal for this year!

I appreciate the advice you shared with me a few months back, and look forward to dialoging with you on that soon.

Dawn said...

Happy Blogiversary, Cynthia! Finding time to post is challenging sometime, but I always like it when I hear from you :)

Cynthia Shenette said...

Bill, Elizabeth, Jacqi and Dawn,

I appreciate your good wishes and your hanging in with me after all this time. It is tough to always find the time to post, but I think the key is to post when we can. A little now and then is better than nothing at all. Everybody's schedule is different.

Thanks, everyone!