Thank You Family Tree Magazine!

(Copyright (c) 2013 Cynthia Shenette) I want to thank Family Tree Magazine, slightly belatedly, for including Heritage Zen in its list of Top 40 Genealogy Blogs in 2013.  I am truly honored to be included among the wonderful blogs recognized. To say Heritage Zen's inclusion came as a surprise is an understatement.  I find it ironic that my blog was selected for "stick-to-itiveness" at a time when I am struggling to find time to post on a regular basis.  Sometimes I feel more like the proverbially little Dutch boy plugging leaks in the dyke rather than a blogger.  In a perfect world I would blog every day, but sometimes life gets in the way.  For example...

A week and a half ago I left for NERGC after work on Thursday.  I was at the conference all weekend.  When I got home there was laundry, grocery shopping and chores, plus I needed to finish my final project for the class I took last fall.  We are also in the throes of my son's spring sports season. I'm talking here about a kid who hasn't met a sport he didn't like.  Of course one sport a season isn't enough for our family.  "We" are doing two. I spent a decent chunk of my time over the last week toting this kid around to three different fields to play travel soccer and Junior Little League.  This was last week's schedule--Monday baseball, Tuesday soccer, Wednesday baseball, Thursday soccer, Friday baseball, Saturday soccer and baseball, Sunday baseball.  All of this plus homework for him and work work for me. Who has time to prepare a dinner?  For the next seven weeks dinner is Subway and takeout pizza. Color me exhausted.  You get the picture.

If you are interested in blogging just do it!  Why?  If I can do it you can do it!  I might not write as often as I would like, but I write when I can.  Why write?  The rewards are great.  I've made friends within the genealogy blogging community.  I've learned a lot.  I've made contact with people who knew or knew of my family.  Relatives in the U.S., Canada, and Poland read my blog.  Blogging is a great creative outlet!  Where else could I write about food preparation mayhem and serious subjects all in one place. And, as if all of this wasn't reward enough, my blog has be recognized by Family Tree Magazine twice!  

Make the time!  Write that first post!  Maybe next year your blog's name will appear in Family Tree Magazine's list of the 40 Best Blogs.  Now if you'll excuse me, I just heard the buzzer on my washing machine go off.  I need to throw another load in before I take my son to soccer practice.  Or is that baseball practice?



Other Posts You Might Like:

Mediation: The Strength of Ordinary Women
A Comedy of Errors: My Family in the Census (Part 1 of 3)
Madness Monday: The Stuff We Throw Away, and...
More Than Meets the Eye - Tuesday's Tip

No comments: