Irish Genealogy LibGuide - Follow Friday

(Copyright (c) 2013 Cynthia Shenette) I don't do generally do Irish genealogy, or as I like to say to my two best friends (both of whom happen to be Irish), "There's no Irish in my family unless the boat from Poland stopped in Ireland somewhere along the way."  Anyway, even though I don't have Irish blood flowing through my veins, I'd like to share a resource I stumbled across a while back for those who do.  

Check out the Boston College University Libraries LibGuide for Irish Genealogy (Irish Studies).  LibGuides are pathfinders/guides compiled by librarians to assist library patrons with their research.  Boston College has an Irish studies program and the Irish Genealogy LibGuide supports one of the courses for that program.  The LibGuide includes books and electronic resources.  While many of the resources are specific to the  BC library I am sure they can be located elsewhere.  The LibGuide also has a link to a searchable database that lists the names that appeared in the "Missing Friends" column of the Boston Pilot.


Other Posts You Might Like:

Got Dissertations? - Tuesday's Tip
Fascinating Ladies
Presenter Interview: Colleen Fitzpatrick, Forensic Genealogist
Cobh (Queensland), Ireland - Happy St. Patrick's Day!


No comments: