I hope to share research, information, tips, and a little of my family history with others following the path to greater genealogical awareness. Let the search for enlightenment continue...

Friday, November 2, 2012

NaBloPoMo 2012

(Copyright (c) 2012 Cynthia Shenette) It's that time of year again!  November is National Blog Posting Month.  I participated last year, and it was quite a challenge!  I didn't really know if I could post daily for the month of November, but somehow I managed to pull it off.  I'm going to give it a go again.  I've been debating about this for a while, trying to decide if I had the time.  The fact is I never have the time for anything really, and so I can't use that as an excuse.  

I've been working on a number of research projects, organizing my genealogy materials, taking a class on historical architecture, networking, and applying for jobs, so I've had to cut back on my blogging for a bit over the last few months.  Thankfully, I am happy to report that my hard work has paid off!  I am feeling a bit more organized, worked on some interesting projects, learned a lot, made some good connections AND (here's the kicker) have a new job!  After being a stay-at-home mom for the last ten years I'm getting back into library work and will be working as a part-time as reference and instruction librarian at a local college!  WooHoo!  Who says I don't have time?!?  I figure NaBloPoMo is a good way to beef up my blog archive for 2012 and get me back into the habit of posting regularly again.

Last year I spent the month blogging about my family history.  I told a hundred years of my family history in a month of daily posts.  I've been trying to decide what to write about this year.  Initially I planned to have a theme (Anyone who knows me knows there's nothing I love more than a good theme...), but I've decided to take a risk and go theme-less.  Over the last few months I've read a number of good books, attended some great workshops, discovered interesting databases, etc. and keep thinking I should write about them, but never seem to get around to it.  NaBloPoMo seems to offer the right opportunity to follow up on these things and share with others.  I plan to make my posts short, just long enough to encourage myself to get them done and get the information out there.

Well, here we go, and as a beloved chorus conductor I had use to say at the beginning of a particularly challenging piece of choral music, "I'll see you at the end!"  


Other Posts You Might Like: 

Heritage Zen Dives In: NaBloPoMo!
Photo Story: Grandma and Grandpa Meet - Wordless Wednesday
A Matter of Habit: Solving a Mystery
Wordless Wednesday: Fall Weekends in New England

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm looking forward to your daily blogging. I've missed you!
I'm a couple of days late but I think that I will join in and start tomorrow.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thanks, Kristin! It's nice to be missed! Good luck with NaBloPoMo!