Grandma, Two Kittens, and One Little Boy - Wordless Wednesday


(Digital Image; Photograph and Text Copyright (c) 2012 Cynthia Shenette) I love this photograph of my grandmother, Antonina (Bulak) Szerejko.  It's the only candid photo I have of her as a child.  I don't know exactly how old she is in the photo, but my guess is about 11 or 12 which means the photograph was probably taken about 1907 or 1908.  I have no idea who the little boy is.  A cousin or neighbor perhaps?


Other Posts You Might Like:

Making Hay - Wordless Wednesday
Happy Labor Day!
Madness Monday: The Stuff We Throw Away, And...
Tuesday's Tip: A Tale of Two Indexers

3 comments:

Kristin said...

That is a beautiful photo of your grandmother. I have a picture of my oldest son at about the same age as the little boy with a cat on his shoulder.

Anonymous said...

Such a sense of fun in this photo of Grandma - and I love kittens :-) Jo

Cynthia Shenette said...

Kristin and imagespast - Thank you both for your comments! My grandmother loved cats, so this really is a special photo to me!