A Picnic And A Surprise - Wordless Wednesday

Sitting Left to Right: Adolf Szerejko, Antonina (Bulak) Szerejko, Helen Bulak, Helene (Szerejko) Dingle, Christine (Szerejko) Shenette; Lying Down: Unidentified 
(Digital Image.  Photograph Privately Held By Cynthia Shenette; Photograph and Text, Copyright (c) 2012 Cynthia Shenette)  It's interesting what you see when you enlarge a photo.  This is a photo of my mom and her family on a picnic, sometime in the 1920s. When I looked at the original of this photograph I thought the material in front of where everyone is sitting was a tablecloth. When I enlarged the photo and adjusted the color I was more than a little surprised to discover the material is actually part of a woman's dress!

Other Posts You Might Like:

More Than Meets The Eye - Tuesday's Tip 
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...
Wordless Wednesday: Warsaw Wedding
The Worcester Tornado, June 9, 1953 - Those Places Thursday

2 comments:

Kristin said...

and a pretty short one too! The little girl seems to be blowing her horn in the reclining lady's face. flapper reclining at picnic.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Kristin - LOL. I thought the same thing about my mother's sister with the horn, and you're right about the skirt!