Send Up A Flare, Again! More Mystery People Identified!


(Digital Image. Privately Held By Cynthia Shenette; Text Copyright (c) 2012 Cynthia Shenette)  Will wonders never cease?  A reader identified three more people in one of my mystery photos!  According to their great-granddaughter, Joseph Choronzak is the man seated on the left and his wife Antonina (Walat) Choronzak is the woman in the back row, second to the right. Joseph and Antonina's oldest daughter, Mary (Choronzak) Bialecki, is the little girl standing in front of Antonina.  Joseph and Antonina are the couple I wrote about in my series of posts on the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic. Sadly, both husband and wife died on the same day of complications from the flu leaving seven young children orphans.  If you'd like to read more about this family please see my posts listed below:

Flu 1918 (Part 1 of 3) - Amanuensis Monday
Flu 1918 (Part 2 of 3)
Flu 1918 (Part 3 of 3)
Send Up A Flare, Mystery Bride Identified! - Mystery Monday
Choronzak - Tombstone Tuesday

I'd like to say a huge thank you to Joseph and Antonina's great-granddaughter (a.k.a. Sophie's grand-daughter) for (again) taking the time to look through my photos and helping to identify three of the people in this wedding photo.


Other Posts You Might Like:

Catechists, Our Lady of Czestochowa - Wordless Wednesday
(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: WWI Red Cross Volunteers
Got Dissertations? - Tuesday's Tip
Meditation: The Strength of Ordinary Women

5 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Wonderful news. You must be doing a little dance again. I'm happy that you are able to get some of your photos identified.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Barbara - I did do a happy dance! I had some rather disappointing news that day, and the message from the Choronzak's great-granddaughter perked me right up!

Anonymous said...

I love how the internet can bring people together, and help us solve mysteries. :)

Carol said...

How wonderful! Congrats!

Susan Clark said...

Such a joy to read. I just received a photo album with many, many pictures of my grandparents' neighbors from the 1920s and 30s. A few are identified, but most are not. I need to do what you're doing here!