Grandma - Wordless Wednesday


(Digital Image. Photograph Privately Held By Cynthia Shenette; Text Copyright (c) 2012 Cynthia Shenette) This photo of my grandmother, Antonina (Bulak) Szerejko (1896-1990), was probably taken before her marriage, perhaps sometime around 1918 or 1919.  She was a talented seamstress so my guess is she made the dress she is wearing.  My grandmother wasn't a classic beauty, but I think she is beautiful in this photograph.


Other Posts You Might Like:

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...
My Grandmother - Wordless Wednesday
A Comedy of Errors: My Family in the Census (Part 1 of 3)
The Rope Pull - Wordless Wednesday

5 comments:

Carol said...

I think she is beautiful and the dress as well, great photo!

Kristin said...

Classic schmassic, she is BEAUTIFUL! and i love her expression. Wonder who took the photo.

Barbara Poole said...

Cindy, all photos of grandmothers are beautiful, not only to their family, but also to their viewers. Thanks for sharing this.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Grandma really is beautiful in this photo! Thank you all for your comments!

Kristin - The photo was taken by Schervee of Worcester, MA. I have other photos in different poses, all lovely. Maybe I will post them at some point as well.

Anonymous said...

A very pretty portrait of your Grandma :-)