The Mystery Brides Are Back, A New Season Begins - Mystery Monday


(Original Image and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia Shenette)  After taking a bit of a hiatus over the summer I am returning to my regularly scheduled programming of posting photos of mystery brides from my collection for the Geneabloggers theme of Mystery Monday.  It's a new season, and I have a whole new batch of brides in store.

To recap last season (I feel like I'm doing reality TV here, by the way.) I presented a group of ten mystery brides between June 2010 and June 2011.  The photos are so lovely I hate for them to be buried in a box at the bottom of my collection somewhere.  I'd hoped someone would by chance be able to identify one or more of the brides on my blog.  Well it finally happened!  The grand-daughter of one of my couples contacted me to identify her grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Walter (Sophie) Shenkowski.  The excitement in finally identifying one of my brides was tremendous! A geneablogger's version of "sweeps week" in television!

I invite you to review Season One (This is kind of like watching reruns, but it will help new followers/readers catch up with what has happened thus far.):

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: Here Come the (Mystery) Brides
Mystery Monday: Here Come the (Mystery) Brides, Again
Mystery Monday: Another Polish Wedding
Mystery Monday: Yet Another Polish Wedding...
The Mystery Brides Return - Mystery Monday
Mystery Wedding #9 - Mystery Monday
Send Up A Flare, Mystery Bride Identified! - Mystery Monday
Always a Bridesmaid - Mystery Monday 

This week I present another photo from my collection.  What do I know about this photo?  My best guess is the bride and groom, as well as their attendants, were members of the Polish community in Worcester, MA.  The wedding probably took place at Our Lady of Czestochowa (also known as St. Mary's), also in Worcester, MA.  I don't know for certain, but my guess is the wedding took place sometime in the late 1910s or 1920s, given the style of the ladies' dresses.  The embossed imprint on the card that the photo is mounted on identifies the photographer as DeDuke, 411 Main St., Worcester, Mass.  The next time I get down to the Worcester Public Library I'll look through the city directories to see when DeDuke photographers was in business at that location and report back.

If you are able to identify this couple or any of the brides/wedding couples in my collection I'd love to hear from you.  At the very least, stay tuned for another exciting season of - The Mystery Brides!  Become a follower!  Tell your friends!  I promise you a season filled with lovely couples, refined taste, and classic beauty!  And (thank goodness) not a bridezilla in sight!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...


Other Posts You Might Like:

Meditation: The Strength of Ordinary Women
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...
First Communion - Mystery Monday
The Rope Pull - Wordless Wednesday

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I love your Mystery Brides photos. They are all so beautiful. I'm a little envious that I don't have wedding photos of most of my ancestors.

I'm not polish but I do have ancestors from Worcester, MA.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Sherri - Thanks for stopping by and thank you for your comment! I do love all of these wedding photos. I always hope that by posting one of my mystery photos I'll find someone like yourself who doesn't have a photo of their ancestor and be able to give them one.

I'd love to hear about your Worcester connections. If you are interested feel free to e-mail me at the e-mail address listed on my blog.