Feeding the Chickens


(Original Image and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia ShenetteThis photo of my grandmother, Antonina (Bulak) Szerejko, was probably taken in the late 1910s.  I love the dichotomy between my grandmother's outfit and the task at hand.  I know I always wear my white dress, white shoes, and pearls when I go out to feed the chickens.  Don't you?


Other Posts You Might Like:

The Stories My Grandmother Told Me
Wordless Wednesday: Fuller Gardens, Circa 1966
Madness Monday: The Stuff We Throw Away, and...
(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: The Play, Elizabeth

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Well, the chickens have to be fed even if you are on your way out to a night on the town.

Susan Clark said...

Or coming home from church... I hope she stepped carefully.

Cynthia Shenette said...

You are right, ladies! I will say, the white shoes are what concerned me the most...

Anonymous said...

It's amazing that she wore these clothes--In the era before electric washing machines it was so difficult to do laundry.