A Little Ladd - Wordless Wednesday


(Original Image and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia Shenette This is another cabinet card from my mother-in-law's collection.  She descends from the the Ladd family that settled in RI in 1633.  Her branch of the family eventually left Rhode Island to settle in the Mohawk River Valley in upstate New York in the late 1700s.  My husband's family still lives on the same property and in the original farmhouse built by Elisha Ladd in the late 1700s or the early 1800s.  As I mentioned in last week's Wordless Wednesday post, my mother-in-law found four albums with a couple hundred photos in them in a closet in the old farmhouse.  This is one of the photos from that collection.

According to the back of the card the baby boy in the photo is "Little Ashley D. Ladd 4 months old."  I did a bit of research and discovered Ashley was born in March of 1883 and his parents were Olney B. Ladd and Lovinia Jane Darling.  Might Olney be the man in the photograph with baby Ashley?  I thought I'd post the photo in case someone researching the Ladd family might want a photograph of their ancestors.


Other Posts You Might Like:

Wordless Wednesday: A Good Catch
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...
Wordless Wednesday: Fuller Gardens, Circa 1966
A Pretty Girl on Old Cape Cod

2 comments:

Susan Clark said...

Fabulous picture. Familiar names...

Cynthia Shenette said...

Hmm... Maybe you and my husband and son are related! ;)