Little Kid, Big Bunny - Wordless Wednesday


(Original Image and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia Shenette Well, at least I look slightly happier than in my birthday photo.  My guess is I'm about two years old in this picture.  I think this photo was taken at the now defunct Denholms department store in downtown Worcester, MA.  We always went to Denholms for pictures with the Easter Bunny and Santa.  I loved Denholms, because they had a revolving door which I thought was the coolest thing ever.  My mom would get so mad at me.  I'd run around and around inside the door, and she couldn't catch up with me.  In this photo I kind of look like I want to bolt off the bunny's lap.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm a little weirded out by the big bunny or I just want to get into that revolving door...
Interestingly, someone has started a blog about Denholms.  Check out the link at here.
Other Posts You Might Like:

4 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Yes, I agree, nice smile. And, I love your little top.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Barbara - Thanks for your comment! I still have this outfit. Most of the clothes I had when I was little are long gone, but I found this one when I was cleaning out my mom's house. It's a little faded but still cute. The pants were cordoroy which you can't really tell from the photo.

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

I remember Denholm's (thanks for posting the link to the blog). That was a trip to the big city for us little kids from Holden. Back then Worcester had a vibrant downtown with lots of department stores on Main Street. I don't remember the one where I got my wedding dress, but it was in a high rise with an old fashioned elevator and the elevator operator would call out the floors and the items found there, just like the opening credits music of "Are you being Served" on PBS. Wedding dresses were on the top, top floor!

Cynthia Shenette said...

Heather - Thanks for your comment!I too remember a vibrant downtown and going window shopping with my mom. Did you get your wedding dress at Barnard's perhaps? They had an elevator attendant and a wedding department. I got a bride's maid dress there once. I loved Barnard's. They use to sell banana nut muffins just inside the entry way. Best banana nut muffins ever...