"Frisky" - Wordless Wednesday

(Original Image and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia Shenette)

This is one of our three kitties.  We adopted all three cats from a shelter three-and-a-half years ago.  They came from the same family but were surrendered to the shelter when the family had to move out of the country.  Frisky's name says it all.  She is...um...well...Frisky.

Here's my public service announcement: Adopt a shelter cat or rescue dog.  You'll be glad you did!


Other Posts You Might Like:

Wordless Wednesday: Fall Weekends in New England
Where I Grew Up - Wordless Wednesday
(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: Here Come the (Mystery) Brides...
Grandma and Grandpa's Barn - Wordless Wednesday

5 comments:

Jo said...

Cute :-) One of my cats came from a shelter and he was the friendliest little thing. I always wondered if he was grateful not to live rough any more - silly me, cats don't do "gratutude"! :-)

Jasia said...

Cute kitty and great photo! Let's hear it for shelter pets (my Vladi kitty is one too)!

Greta Koehl said...

What a lovely little face! I agree - cats and dogs from the shelter are great! (Though we've also adopted several directly from families who gave them up.)

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

All my cats over the years have been from a shelter. The first one was when I lived in Holden, from the Rescue League on Holden Street in Worcester! Is it still there? My last cat came from the Salem, NH shelter (six cats later!) She's right here at my elbow, trying to sleep on the mouse pad.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thanks for your comments everyone! Let's hear it for those shelter kitties and for the good people who give them comfy homes!

Heather - The Worcester Animal Rescue League is still on Holden Street! I lost my first cat when I was a little kid and found her there after months of searching. Definately an interesting story. She made out okay in the long run though--I had her for twenty years! She was the longest lived of all my cats!