First Communion - Mystery Monday

(Original Image and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia Shenette) My son just received his First Communion last Sunday.  It was a big day for our family.  My son's First Communion made me think about all of the First Communion photos I have.  Sadly, I have a number of lovely ones in my mystery collection.  I've decided to take a break from posting my mystery wedding photos and post a mystery First Communion photo instead. 

Isn't this one beautiful?  I love the girls faces, the flowers, the veils, and the dresses.  I wish I knew who they were.  My best guess is the girls and their families were members of Worcester's Polish Community.  I suspect, but I don't know for sure, the photo was probably taken some time in the 1920s.  The First Communion itself probably took place at St. Mary's Church (Our Lady of Czestochowa) in Worcester, MA.  Why did the girls have their photos taken together?  Are they sisters?  Twins?  Cousins?  There definitely seems to be a resemblance between the two girls. 

If you recognize either of these lovely young ladies, please leave a comment at the end of this post.  I'd love to be able to put a name to a face.


Other Posts You Might Like:

A Matter of Habit: Solving a Mystery
Mystery Wedding #9 - Mystery Monday
Flu 1918 (Part 1 of 3) - Amanuensis Monday
Does Your Public Library Have a Vertical File? - Tuesday's Tip

3 comments:

Dorene from Ohio said...

Such a lovely photo! I hope you can find out who these lovely young ladies are!

Jennifer said...

What a gorgeous picture!!!

Susan Clark said...

I'm not sure what is lovelier - the girls or those stupendous flowers. Together - magical.