My First Year Of Blogging

(Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia Shenette) It's been quite a year. I posted my first post at Heritage Zen on February 28, 2010, and I honestly don't know where the year has gone. When I started I wondered to myself, who's going to read this stuff? I really began blogging as a way to write about my research and document my memories, mainly for myself and eventually for my son when he is older.

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read my posts or make a comment. You have encourage me, greatly. Thank you also to those of you who have decided to follow me on an ongoing basis. I've learned so much from you all as well--about blogging, about writing, about genealogy, and about the generosity of the geneablogger community. It has been such a positive experience.

Over the year I've discovered that my blog and my blogging has been a changing, evolving process. I am facing new challenges with my time, and am trying my best to still blog on a regular basis. You may have noticed that I'm not posting quite as much as I use to. I've been asked to fill in for a bit at my old job, so that is taking up much of the time I use to spend blogging and researching. At home we try to follow the Cub Scout motto--Do Your Best--so that is what I will do to try to keep posting on a regular basis.

My short term goals are to post on Monday and Wednesday, and maybe occasionally post on one of other daily themes as time allows. I hope to continue to contribute to the Carnival of Genealogy each month. I also hope to post on one special topic per month, such as my
Flu 1918 series in January and my interview with Colleen Fitzpatrick in February. I already have a topic in mind for March. I know this seems like an ambitious schedule given my time limitations. I'll have to see how things go and adapt as needed.

Thank you all again for being such a generous and supportive group of bloggers. You are the reason I'm looking forward to year two.


Other Posts You Might Like:

Where They Lived: Every Address Tells a Story
Books of Interest - Landowners in Poland 1918-1939
Letters and Photos and Stuff, Oh My!: Sorting Through a Loved One's Estate (Part 1)
Books of Interest - St. Denis: A French-Canadian Parish

17 comments:

Kerry Scott said...

One of the great things about blogging is that you can do it any way you want to. If you can post twice a week, great...and if not, no big deal.

Happy anniversary!

geneabloggers said...

Congratulations on your first year! What great progress you've made and I hope it has been a fun journey!

my Heritage Happens said...

Happy Blogiversary to you! Great blog! Looking forward to another great year, congratulations!

Michelle Goodrum said...

Happy One Year Blogiversary! Yours is one of my top blogs to check regularly Whether you post once in a while or several times a week I'll still be reading! We're all in the same boat as we travel down the river that is called life. I think most of us understand the ebbs and flows that pull us in varying directions along the way.

Carol said...

Congratulations. We enjoy, we are reading!

Gini said...

Happy Blogiversary...looking forward to many many more!

Barbara Poole said...

Congratulations Cindy on your one year Blogiversary. You have given us many wonderful posts to read, and I'm another follower who looks forward to your excellent posts, so whenever you write, I'll be reading. Cheers to you.

Donna said...

Happy Blogiversary! Sto Lat~

Donna
What's Past is Prologue

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Happy blogiversary!

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

Happy Blogiversary! I just had my first one a few days ago too! Congrats!!

Greta Koehl said...

I would say that you have had a fantabulous first year - Happy Blogoversary and many more!

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thank you all for your nice comments!

It has been a fun journey, and I'm happy you are all reading. As I said, it's definately been a learning year, and I suspect year two will be a learning year as well. That's a good thing. Learning, friendship, and research--that's what it's all about.

Thank you all again. Now, on to year two!

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Happy Blogoversary! I thought you had been around a lot longer, but one year is a great milestone!

Jennifer said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Susan Clark said...

Kudos on a wonderful inaugural year. You've been top of my must read list ever since I 'discovered' genealogy blogs last year. Looking forward to whatever you post, whenever you post it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, very good first year!

Cynthia Shenette said...

More thank yous all around!