California, Here I Come - Wordless Wednesday

(Original Images and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia Shenette) Greetings from the snow-pit of central Massachusetts. In an effort to chase the winter blues away I am offering up a few photos from our trip to California last July. Come with me as I travel back in time, to a place sunny and warm. Put down your snow shovel. Turn off that snow blower. Take off your fuzzy slippers, and leave your Snuggie behind. Get out your flip-flops, pull up a beach chair, grab a fruity tropical drink (with tiny umbrella, of course), and travel with me to northern California, because I want to be anywhere but here...

Claremont Hotel, Berkeley, CA (Thank you, Priceline.)

Balcony view from the Claremont Hotel, Berkeley, CA (San Francisco Bay is in the distance.)

Highway 1, Big Sur, California (Beautiful, but pray your tire doesn't blow out.)

Big Sur, CA

UC Santa Cruz Arboretum, Santa Cruz, CA

UC Santa Cruz Arboretum, Santa Cruz, CA

Napa Valley, CA

UC Berkeley Botanical Garden, Berkeley, CA

UC Berkeley Botanical Garden, Berkeley, CA

Japanese Tea Garden, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA

View of Berkeley, the San Francisco Bay, and beyond, from the Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA


Other Posts You Might Like:

Follow Friday: California Dreamin'
Wordless Wednesday: A San Francisco Treat
Wordless Wednesday: Fall Weekends in New England
Postcards from the Edge: Genealogy Road Trippin'

4 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Nice to see those on a miserable day. Been to Big Sur, SF and Napa Valley as well. Nice memories like you. Thanks.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Barbara - Thank you. Isn't that part of California the most beautiful area? We were in Santa Cruz for a month in 2005. Loved it there too.

Astrid said...

I LOVE California!! I hope it warmed you just thinking about it:).

Jennifer said...

We were stationed in Monterey for 4 years and I have so many good memories of that area. We used to take drives down to Big Sur all of the time. I'm not sitting in a snow pit like you are, but it still makes me want to visit that area again. :)