Where I Grew Up - Wordless Wednesday

(Original Images and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia Shenette) These photos were taken about 1950. This is the house where I grew up in Worcester, MA. It was built about 1906. My grandparents bought the house in 1940, and it remained in the family until 1979.

I loved this house. It had a coal cellar and a root cellar in the basement and old (non-operational) gas jets which were used for lighting when the house was built. Ancient history to a ten-year-old in the 1970s.

My grandmother, Antonina (Bulak) Szerejko and dog friend.


Other Posts You Might Like:

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: My Grandmother in Costume
(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: A Couple of Swells
The Stories My Grandmother Told Me
A Slice of Life: Confessions of a Lunchbox Trader

3 comments:

Life Goes On said...

What a wonderful house. To bad it is no longer in the family.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

That's a lovely house. Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thank you ladies for your comments.

I loved this house and am still sad it's no longer in family, even 30 years later. Lots of happy memories though.