Baby It's Cold Outside - Wordless Wednesday

(Original Image and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia Shenette) I've decided to take Apple's suggestion to heart and use the daily theme in the second part of my post title. This is a nice, tidy way to start the new year off fresh. Last year I used three different titles for Wordless Wednesday--Wordless Wednesday, Not So Wordless Wednesday, and (Almost) Wordless Wednesday. This year I've decided to simplify things and use the tag Wordless Wednesday, not as part of the title but for the purpose of being picked up by Geneabloggers. Some weeks will be "wordier" Wordless Wednesdays than others. I'm sure you all will figure it out. Frankly, my husband is fascinated that I attempt to participate in anything that involves wordlessness.

This month's Wordless Wednesday theme is cold and snow. I love this photo of my mom, Christine (Szerejko) Shenette, and my grandfather, Adolf Szerejko. My guess is it was taken about 1950. This particular First National grocery store was located on West Boylston St. in Worcester, MA, down the street where I grew up. We only had one car for a while when I was a kid, and I remember walking down the street with my mom to shop at this store. I think the First National closed this location sometime in the mid to late 1960s. Mom looks so "pulled together" for a trip to the grocery store doesn't she? Handbag, gloves, fur. I always wear my gloves and fur when I go to Target. Don't you?


Other Posts You Might Like:

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: WWI Red Cross Volunteers
Wordless Wednesday: Polka Time!
Not So Wordless Wednesday: Mule Train Into the Grand Canyon
What's In a Name? (An Ongoing Series): Kowalewski

7 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

I could use a fur coat about now! I wonder why somebody thought to take a photo of them leaving the grocery store. Like how you reversed Wordless Wednesday to the end..smart move, I see you pay attention.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Barbara,

I could use a fur coat now too! Brr, and more snow is on the way. I suspect my Wordless Wednesday theme for next month is going to be "The Tropics" with photos from my vacation collection!

You're right about the photo at a grocery store parking lot. I wondered about that too. Hmm...

Thanks for your comment!

Dorene from Ohio said...

What a great photo! Such a sweet slice of life!

Kristin said...

I like the reversing of wordless Wednesday and the photo title. The gloves look warm and who doesn't take their purse to the grocery store? She looks charming.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thank you Dorene!

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thank you Kristin! The gloves do look warm. I wish I had as much style. Most of the time I'm running around doing my errands in a scruffy old sweatshirt. You're right about the handbag though...

Jennifer said...

She does look very stylish for going to get groceries. I just can't help but thing of all of the people I see wearing pajamas or drooping pants as they walk through Wal-Mart or the grocery store. Times have changed. :)

Jennifer
Climbing My Family Tree