Trip to Poland, 1937 (An Ongoing Series): Setting Sail




On 2 Jun 1937 my Aunt Helen Bulak boarded the M.S. Pilsudski, bound for Gdynia, Poland with a stop in Copenhagen, Denmark. The ship stopped in Copenhagen on 10 Jun 1937 and arrived in Gdynia on 11 Jun 1937. According to a brochure I have from the Gdynia-America Line, the ship sailed at 12:05 a.m. and left from the 6th St. Pier, in Hoboken, New Jersey. My aunt traveled "tourist class." A round trip tourist class ticket cost $274.00 during the "summer season" of 1937.

2 comments:

TK said...

Whew, the ship almost left without me!

I'm excited to have found your blog in time to get on board for this trip, Cynthia. I think your Auntie would be delighted to know that her travels are still being enjoyed three-quarters of a century later. What a great find!

Cynthia Shenette said...

T.K. So glad you didn't miss the boat! You are right, Aunt Helen would enjoy the fact that her travels are still interesting after all these years. Thanks for reading! Cindy